Worked on a demo video for the ConGlove to be added to my paper for Kristiansand class Music Technology and Production. Also, had to clean and update programs and other stuff on my computer at the office. Have to work more on my MTP paper and hopefully finish it tomorrow or the day after.
Spent a little time on my composition, printed out a score for 1stand 3rdmovement and started to do some detailed changes of notes and cues in the score. Plan to work few hours per day until finished with paper then more time on the composition
Finish adding video to paper.
Work on Kuki no Sukima, make decisions on what material to use.
Probably put more of KunoSu into Ableton
Do some soldering for the ConGlove. The ring finger button is not working properly due to some connection failure.
Must come up with a solution how to sew the buttons to the glove.
Get in touch with Arveng technology about further developing my ConDiS for their glove.
Things to think about.
How do I write sections for the conductor to use the glove?
What about writing a passage with long-held chords and pointillistic notes from various instruments. That way the conductor can pick up the pointillistic notes and move them around the hall while others are moving according to automatic drawings in Live.
Also, should think about a passage where the conductor can control the volume of the electronic so the volume goes up while instruments get softer and vice versa.
During my summer vacation, I did work a bit on video recording for my paper and future thesis as well as my composition. Other than that I tried my best to concentrate on relaxed things.
Spend most of the day trying to find out how to make a PDF with live video images. Tried to transfer my essay for Kristiansand from Word file to PDF but unfortunately, the attached videos did not transfer over to Acrobat Pro. Looked everywhere on the net to find out solutions but did not find any. In the end, I did kind of give up and found a way to do it in Acrobat. This means I have to do the whole layout in Word and when done send it over to Acrobat converting the file to PDF. Then when in Acrobat look for Tools and then choose Rich Media. Once inside rich media and ask for Video. Then select a place on the document to place the video (draw a square over the image) and place video there. You can then choose whether you want to have the video playing from the document or plop up on a separate screen.
Worked on my paper mostly filling in some gaps and correcting grammar. Also worked quite a bit on the layout since obviously, I am getting a bit rusty. EndNote and Word took me a while to put all my references into the paper and had to do some of the papers I am referring to manually in EndNote and then transferring to Word. Learned a lot about EndNote and Word as well as how to find sources to use or read in correlation to my writings. Good exercise for future writings. I hope J
Continue working on my paper, clean up and final layout adjustments. Had to watch several YouTube videos to find out and decide what kind of layout I am going to use. Had it all done before leaving the office around 14:00. Decided to take a break from it over the weekend and have a final look (read over) on Monday.
Took a final look at my paper did proofreading and then sent it over to Kristiansand. Quite a relieve to have it done and out.
Next thing to do to look back at my composition and start to work it out in more details. Went through first 70 measures of the 3rdmovement (as it is for now) and did some decision making whether wind instrument should play tones, wind sounds or key-clap sounds. Also did a minor change in the way to write but still not sure if these are the best way to do. Have to think it over for a week or so. Also tried to listen to a fake playback in Live but had no success since most of my instrumental sounds were missing.
Worked on my composition, got Live to work, found out that all the sounds were on the hard drive that I brought home with me over summer vacation and therefore hand to connect the drive again and everything was back in action.
Did write out scales for all the instruments i.e. slightly different scales based on same pitches but moved or transposed in the playing range of each instrument. After doing that I did transcribe rhythm and pitches over to Flute, Clarinet, and Horn according to a magic square that I have decided to use. It gives me a good pitch or motive material to use in the composition. Have to work it out further for the remaining instruments, Percussion, Piano, and Strings. Also played the movement several times to keep some thought in the back of my head now when I leave office and head back home. Have been walking to and from work from start on August 1stas a promise to myself to get me into better shape. Still going strong.